Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Little Man

My little man is turning 4 this weekend.  How is that possible?
how is it possible that he is SO tall?
how is it possible that he knows how to question me now, how to tease me, and when to hug me when I need it most?

I'm not huge into birthday parties- unfortunately I married a family who LOVES parties.
So you gotta do something (except my birthday this year which I am basically ignoring because I'll be 38 weeks pregnant.  I'm asking for car mats.  I want a boring birthday and to be ignored).

So I decided the little man's birthday is going to be a water fight.
Should be easy and cheap enough right?
Tons of Little Caesar's Pizza, drinks, a plastic pool full of water beads (cause I have TONS) and water balloons.
A basket of water guns.
A bucket full of water sponges.

There are going to be 8 kids which isn't too bad (unless my sister is in town with her kids then 10 kids total but somehow I'm thinking the 14, 16, and 18 year olds won't be participating as much when the other kids are 10, 10, 8, 7, 7, 4, and 3).

I made up a cute invitation

I can handle this, right?



2 comments:

  1. My oldest has a summer birthday and we always do a water fight/ run through the sprinklers party. Easiest party ever. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny we did the water fight (mostly just borrowed two plastic pools from the neighbors) and it was seriously the most relaxing birthday party ever. Even one of my sisters said I looked relaxed for being 7 months pregnant and doing a big party. It was awesome!

      Delete