Monday, July 11, 2016

VBAC with Uterine Fibroid

I had a c-section with my first kiddo (4 years and 2 days ago.  My li'l boy is SO big now).
It was a great story-
I had some contractions 2 days past my due date that were pretty consistent. But I thought- I'd rather go to bed.
So I did.
Woke up at 6am, jumped out of bed-
"Honey I think I peed the bed. I am so sorry!"
So I went to the bathroom and the peeing didn't stop (sorry if TMI).

As the hubby is asking if my water broke I notice it's meconium.

Yeah, my water broke in bed.  Not sure if that mattress cover is water proof now after we bleached it to death after that.

Went to the hospital, was the only one in L&D (which was amazing for the largest hospital in Utah), got checked in and the nurses verified it was meconium and I was in active labor.

37 fun hours labor and still only at 5cm dilated we did a c-section.
Baby was not dropping, worried about him being meconium, so we got him out.
Complications in c-section (fibroid was HUGE and they couldn't get it back in so I started bleeding out).  But everything is fine and we were home I think on Friday when I was checked in on Sunday.  LONG STAY.

So I assumed this time I would be a c-section again with the fibroid being in the same position.
My doctor agreed it would be best to just plan the c-section.

But now that the fibroid is actually NOT growing as much as last time I'm starting to think- what about a VBAC?  Hmm...



Plus the whole thing of picking the day your children will be born is
1. weird.  What if they hate the day I pick?  Mostly joking.
2. a big drama thing with family

A lot of family is born around that time and I've already had two people tell me they don't want to share the date.  SERIOUSLY?  Then my doctor is out of town the one day that would work perfectly.

So maybe I will just wait to go into labor naturally?
I enjoyed my epidural last time (that anesthesiologist was FANTASTIC!  The only thing I felt was the warm blood dripping down my back (sounds gross, sorry but I found it cool)).
But I'm intrigued by natural labor.
*Sidenote after I wrote this- the baby is breach right now at 27 weeks.  Crap.

I have an appointment next week along with my GD test (I think I'm the only one that enjoys that sugar filled juice.  Yum).  So I had better write down some questions!


Well I'm work in 50 minutes.  Sweet!
And I just secured hotel rooms for this weekend for a little getaway.  Wahoo!






3 comments:

  1. labor is different for every pregnancy most of the time. I just had my third and after a week and a half of labor pains and no progress past a three, they decided to induce me and see if that would help. It did. Theres still enough time for your baby to turn, this last one waited a long time to turn too. The thing that matters most is that baby gets here safe! good luck with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had trouble trying to decide our baby's due date as well, and yes, it totally comes with family drama! Why is that? We just picked a date and didn't tell anyone.

    I can't believe you like that horrible sugar drink! Gah!

    Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! I hope delivery is easier for you this time. Everyone told me the 2nd child is an easier delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For real? People don't want to share their day? There are only 365 of them to go around - trust me, you are already sharing with PLENTY of people!

    ReplyDelete