Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Our Humbling Experience

It's no secret that we live with my in-laws.
We have for the last year and a half.
And had hoped to move out around this time as Caleb would have one year left of school and hopefully a job already.

Set backs happen and we're now looking at 3-4 years with my in-laws.

There are options to move out but on my salary alone- we'd be moving about an hour's drive away from work/school/babysitters.  Not ideal.  It's expensive in the Salt Lake Valley.

We're struggling right now.
Struggling to fit in with a neighborhood that is well established- sick of the jokes about how long school is taking, sick of the lessons at church where people talk about building their next house, the vacations they take out of the country, etc.

Sick of being left out of things.
Or being judged cause I work full-time and therefore can't take my child to the play date/preschool everyone else is taking their kids too.

Our situation is different but NOT unheard of.

So we must either humble ourselves more, suck it up to survive 1-2 more years, or we can buckle down and sacrifice.

I can get another job that pays better (trust me, I am trying!), Caleb can get a part-time job (he is trying as well- if anyone knows of a good job that won't make him work Sundays PLEASE let us know), and then we could afford to move out or afford daycare/preschool.

But I want to stay home.
I'm having our 2nd child in 4 months and I want to be home with my kids.
But it won't be possible yet.
And we're sick of the judgment for our situation.

It's not a forever situation, it's not like we WANT to be living in a cramped basement.

But it is our humbling experience and we're kinda stuck for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment